Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Day the Power went OUT

We're used to thunder storms--rain, wind, thunder, lightening. What we're not used to is NO POWER! Most of us were in Orem watching Cambryn's dance-camp performances and had no idea the power was out until Cyndi talked to Jay [who was at my parents house with my 2 nephews]. There were 3 cars of us driving home at the same time, and thankfully my dad happened to hear on the radio that there were power lines down on HWY 89 between Springville and Mapleton [where my parents live]. So, we had to detour and what not but we saw so many power line poles leaning against trees or completely broken at the base! It was crazy! Just on the street my parents live off of there were 3 poles that were broken. Needless to say, it was going to be a while before the power came back on! "Adventure!" one might think, right? Sure! We had to wait for the wind to die down before we could turn on the grill so we could have some dinner [thank goodness my parents have a grill!] Trying to prepare everything with a flashlight was an odd reminder of girls camp--at least the toilets still flushed! Jk, it was fun! The stressful part was that the NEXT DAY we had to have 4 cakes completely frosted and ready for the drive to Logan for Jay's little sister's wedding. The power being out for 6 hours seriously cramped our cake frosting time! [I'll post pics on that tomorrow!]

Caden and Riggy were watching the trees blowing in the wind

Then they moved their operation to the kitchen and Cambryn and Brayden joined in! I love it!

How do you entertain two 2-year-olds when it's too windy to go outside? Let them watch Pa on the lawn mower! Riggy and Caden [yes, in switched jammies since they both HAD to have Buzz Lightyear on!] Watched our dad on the lawn mower the entire time he was out there--probably close to 45 minutes! When he was out of sight at one window they would run to a different window saying, "Where's Pa?" to where they could see him and shout, "hi Pa! hi Pa!!" Dad did wave, but I don't know if he knew at the time they followed him the whole time he was out side!
I love this one! :D I have a video of it, but it's not loading right now...I'll figure out in the morning and re-post it, it's so funny!




[ps, this is Chira again--and can I just tell you
I feel so smart I figured this out...I know
it's not hard, but I'm special like that!!]



1 comments:

girlsmama said...

So did you know we moved to Mapleton? If only I'd known you were here! And the power outage was quite the event!

And we love Sweet Tooth Fairy. It is delicious! Next time you come to visit you'll have to let us know!

-Jessica PS We'll be at Disneyland in November!