Sunday, June 21, 2009

Parting is such sweet sorrow

Warning
This a total journal type post.

Today was my first day in YW.
I knew last week I would have a hard time this week when the primary kids sang in church.

The first time I was called to serve in primary, I was screaming inside "Are you serious? Me in primary? There is no way I am going to do this?"
Of course what came out of my mouth was "Yes, I would love to."

The following Sunday the Primary sang. Within seconds the spirit testified to me that this was where I was supposed to be.
Today I was so glad I had moved to a different pew away from Jay ,(so Rig could have a better view of his Bro and Sis and yell hi to them). so Jay didn't see me crying for the few seconds I let me guard down. Totally hate crying- well at least in front of people.
Sometimes you just need to let it out :)

I really don't understand why people don't like serving in primary. It IS a lot of work-but everything is when you try to do your best. But it is also soooo rewarding. ( Jay always says I go over and beyond what I should, but if you know me- that is just who I am. If I happened to not- it wasn't because I didn't want to - I most likely was going over the top with something else and ran out of time, this does hapen on occasion with me)
I am really really going to miss the laughter, the singing, the hugs, the silly sunbeams (we have the cutest sunbeam and they are very entertaining) the honesty

(like "Sis Both I'm bored," "Why do you always where Big earrings?, "" We had 2 pets they both died. One died because we didn't feed him (pretty sure that was a bird not a fish) " Talking about word of wisdom and how we don't drink alcohol- One of the kids pipes in shaking his head disapprovingly "Yeah my Dad ALWAYS is drinking Dr Pepper" I could make a huge list here that would take forever and I know that when I hear what Brayden says in class I am mordified so we'll just leave it at that- I literally laughed out loud every Sunday from the comments they would say)

the special drawings for me, the excitement, wanting to be held, the silliness, the eagerness (even if it was to be done with class), the thank you at the end of the day .

Oh and then my girls I AM majorly going to miss you-- During the Sacrament program today some of the girls said things about their fathers- I almost lost it. I am so going to miss them. It is so crazy to me how little time it takes to love-- One of the hardest things about leaving Provo was leaving my Activity Day girls- They had become my "other" children and I literally would have done anything for them. Saying good-bye was too much for me.
How grateful I am to have been able to serve these sweet girls. I am going to miss their kindness, the weekly hugs on Sunday and the million questions about what we are going to do next, watching them grow spiritually, their willingness to obey and help eachother.

I know my time is done here- at least for now.

One of my favorite scriptures is 3 Nephi 17.

As a child when taught this story we imagine what it must have been like to be there with all the children. To have Jesus bless all the children one by one. Then Jesus says "Behold your little ones"
Then have the heavens open and angels come down and encircle the children.
I have always loved that story

As an adult -- I understand the meaning of the these words. Behold your little ones-- Observe or see your remarkable little ones
Remarkable enough that Jesus wept and Angels came down and surrounded all the children and attended to them.

Being teacher or parent to these remarkable children, really is an amazing thing. When you are surrounded by these sweet spirits it is undeniable how truly close they are to Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ. That they really are remarkable.
It is this I will miss!

Since I mentioned it I am going to leave these last verses in 3 Nephi 17 for you to read

21... and he took their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them.
22 And when he had done this he wept again;
23 And he spake unto the multitude, and said unto them: Behold your little ones.
24 And as they looked to behold they cast their eyes towards heaven, and they saw the heavens open, and they saw angels descending out of heaven as it were in the midst of fire; and they came down and encircled those little ones about, and they were encircled about with fire; and the angels did minister unto them.





4 comments:

Godlonton Family Adventures said...

That was beautiful Cyndi! I understand where you are coming from with the primary thing. They are just so darn cute! Good luck with YW!

Kraucyk said...

Ever since I knew you you had a Primary calling, right? Thanks for accepting the calling to serve in Primary when I was there. Madi missed having you as her teacher when we moved. You did a great job Cyndi. You always do your callings above and beyond. Truly magnifying your calling! I've been in Primary for a LONG time and I love it! Kids are so special! I know what you mean. Congrats on your new calling. Someday I'll face my fear and be called to YW. What do they have you doing?

Hillary said...

I wish our primary teachers could feel this way. Our poor primary presidency is struggling so badly trying to get the teachers motivated. But you are going to be so fantastic in YW's. Those girls are going to love you. Are you counselor or advisor?

☂niki. said...

I've been meaning to comment on your blog since you commented on mine. Thanks for that. You're a sweetheart.

Your blog is adorable, your kids are adorable, you're adorable and from what i hear from mandi, it's all true.

I can definitely relate to you with this post. I was a primary teacher for about 3 years and absolutely loved it. Then I got called to young womens and was excited, but nervous. I've been a beehive adviser for a year and a half now and I couldn't be happier. I love my sweet girls and their ever growing testimonies. You will love it and you will be great!

I was scrolling through your blog a bit and fell in love with that tutu onesie. Now that i know i'm having a girl, i think i may need to get one for little lovey.